Dental Health Expert Forum
My tooth with a crown on it just started hurting bad
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My tooth with a crown on it just started hurting bad

I had an old crown on a tooth from childhood. It got a hole in it and caused infection. I had new porcelin crown put on it last spring. This tooth just started hurting me really bad. It started when I ate icecream . Now it pretty much just aches all the time. If i chew on that side it hurts aches and is sore real bad and takes a while to calm down. I have been known to clench my teeth. I have noticed sensitivity in my front teeth and an upper tooth but they don't hurt real bad like this one with the crown. I am going to call my dentist. Does anyone know what this might be? Has anyone had this before? I don't know if I clenched my teeth and did somethig to that tooth or something else going on? That fact that it hurts a lot when cold hits it or I chew on that side, that's what really gets the pain going.