Dental Health Community
Nerve Pain after replaced filling that fell out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Recently a filling fill out of one of my molars. The dentist had to shave off more of the tooth to prepare it for filling, so he went deeper near my nerve. The filling feels nice but everytime I eat, especially hard stuff and my top & bottom teeth touch, I feel my nerve being pressed on, which hurts ( kind of sends a shock wave feeling). I don't want a root canal....so is it safe to leave my filling as is or is it a bad idea?
Your descriptions suggest there is occlusal intrference introduced by new restoration. Going back to your dentist to have bite adjustment is advised. If your dentist can not adjust the bite to optimal comfort, you may need to see an occlusionist or prosthododntist.