Dental Health Expert Forum
New Bridge, Sensitive & Pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

New Bridge, Sensitive & Pain

I recently had a new bridge put in. I had a temporary on the 2 front teeth that support this bridge. With no problem or pain or discomfort. Having the bridge installed the dentist told me we might need to adjust a few times to get the bite right. I called him this morning to tell him I was having some pain and discomfort. He told me to come down and checked the bridge , adjusted the bite a little and told me this was normal to be feeling this. The teeth will need some time to adjust it could take up to a week or two. I have another bridge in my mouth and never experienced this. Does this seem normal. The two front teeth the bridge is anchored to do not have root canals.