Dental Health Expert Forum
New Bridge, Sensitive & Pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

New Bridge, Sensitive & Pain

I recently had a new bridge put in. I had a temporary on the 2 front teeth that support this bridge. With no problem or pain or discomfort. Having the bridge installed the dentist told me we might need to adjust a few times to get the bite right. I called him this morning to tell him I was having some pain and discomfort. He told me to come down and checked the bridge , adjusted the bite a little and told me this was normal to be feeling this. The teeth will need some time to adjust it could take up to a week or two. I have another bridge in my mouth and never experienced this. Does this seem normal. The two front teeth the bridge is anchored to do not have root canals.
Its possible to need adjustments for the bite of a new bridge.  I would say that its a fairly normal occurrence although I wouldn't say its necessary every time for every bridge.  Does the bridge still bother you?
Yes the bridge still feels sensitive. when i close my mouth and my teeth come together.
Sounds like the bridge needs to be adjusted again. If its just a bite issue, an adjustment or two should fix it.  Especially if each adjustment improves the sensitivity.