Dental Health Community
New pain on fifth day after wisdom teeth removal but isn't dry soc...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

New pain on fifth day after wisdom teeth removal but isn't dry socket?

I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed Firday around noon, and things have been going pretty well since. I felt hardly any pain from any of the 4 extraction sites, all that hurt were the stitches (which still hurt quite a bit, because they are attached to the lower part of my cheek. It hurts to talk for too long or open my mouth too wide.) But tonight, I've noticed that the upper right site had started to ache. It's not severe, so it's almost definitely not dry socket. However, none of the sites have hurt this badly before. I seem to be getting worse instead of better in this spot.maybe all those relatively pleasant days are just catching up to me? I tried a good salt rinse in case there was food stuck there, but that did nothing. Is this pain normal? Is it normal for pain to increase so late after the surgery? I'm considering calling tomorrow to see if they can do anything about the stitches. Should I insist on seeing the doctor to check out the site? I'm just worried that it could be infection or something, even though I haven't noticed any puss or extra swelling, (My right cheek side is bigger than the left right now, but both appear to have been calming down) but I'm a little scared to poke around and harm something.
This is typical with people the 5th day is the hardest. keep an eye out and watch it if it gets worse then you can call your doc. You are suppose to rinse 1st week but not the plastic flusher until it has been a full week. I had food after the first day went in and they got it out after like two days since I had mine done on a friday so went in on a Monday. If you have food in it it will take a little longer to heal. Sounds like its not an infection.