Dental Health Expert Forum
No Teeth but I still have VERY bad breath
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

No Teeth but I still have VERY bad breath

I am 55, almost 56 years of age. I have lost all my teeth over the years.. Right now I have a stump of one upper tooth, and the rest are long gone. I cannot aford dentures, much less implants at this time. Fortunately I am still able to chew most foods with my gums. If I open my mouth and look inside I see the roots of several of my teeth right there, just below the skin. But I have VERY bad breath. Over, the years, if a women kissed me at all she only did so once, and after that would kiss me on the cheek if I was lucky. I am now involved with a DYNAMITE girl who, I am deathly afraid of loosing. But, because of my horrendously bad dreath, that is a strong possibility. I admit that I don't brush my teeth anymore because I have no teeth left. I have used quality mouthwash, and that didn't work very well, if at all. PLEASE HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ANCHOR AROUND MY NECK!!.
Thanks in advance.
Cliff Harmon
540545_tn?1377626518
Hi Cliff,

Have you considered contacting your local dental society for support services?  Or possibly going to a local dental school to get treatment done at a more affordable price.  Removal of the teeth would both help with the bad breath which occurs (due to the buildup of bacteria in the roots) as well as prevent future infection of the area.  

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now