Dental Health Expert Forum
Non-painful mouth bump

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Non-painful mouth bump

After reading about torus palatinus, I am not convinced the bump in the roof of my mouth matches the ones described on other sites. The bump is not in the centre of the mouth, it is slightly off from it to the left side. It isn't painful, and has been there for a little over a month. It is also quite small and I have not noticed a change in it's size. I would say in total it is no bigger than 1 cm and is white in colour. I had my boyfriend look at it and he said it appears flat. However, because of it's position, I can feel it when my tounge is resting which is sort of making it uncomfortable. Any ideas as to what this could be? Who should I go an see for diagnosis, my dentist or my doctor?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I can not give you an idea without seeing it but I would suggest you see an oral surgeon for the diagnosis.It does not sound serious.