Dental Health Expert Forum
Numbness in chin months after surgery

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Numbness in chin months after surgery

All four wisdom teeth were removed in december 5 days later i was back getting surgery due to an infection near my lymph node under my jaw and had to be drained my oral surgeon sliced my cheek pretty good to stitch the straw to it now ever since i have a slight numbness feeling on my lower left chin and under my lip as if its just an inch long I have no pain or anything its just annoying really as if the anesthetic is wearing off its now march 13th and the the procedure was dec 4th and the other surgery was dec 12th and so my question is that is it from the impacted wisdom tooth? The oral surgeon said that was the one that gave him the most trouble i guess since that tooth had a hook to it or is it from him cutting my cheek because he sliced it pretty good. Thanks.
It may take up to 6 months for the area to completely heal.  Nerve injury or damage can take a long time to recover.  Have you discussed this with your oral surgeon?