Dental Health Expert Forum
ON AND OFF THROBBING AFTER TOOTH EXTRACTION

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

i had #19 extracted due to a  crack in  the root.
Its been 2-1/2 weeks and I still get on and off throbbing in that area...Could this be the tooth in front of it? or is this part of the healing process? I do notice that soometimes it throbbs if food is stuck in the socket area.  Also the second day after the extraction my inner chee k down by the gum line, near the extraction was serverly swollen. it ...has gone down but the back of my neck is tingly,going up my left side of my head, below my ear lobe  and down my neck toward my throat is tender. does this sound like  the  healing process?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It sounds if you might be traumatizing the area when you eat. By this time the socket should be falrly pain free. If the pain persists then a visit to the dentist would be in order.