ORAL SHINGLES
I was diagnosed as having shingles of my lower right gums in 2001 by two different physicans. Even with Valtrex and Viroxyn, medicated rinses and toothpaste  -  I will have an outbreak every time I have dental work even after routine cleaning. It has since spread farther right along my gum line and now includes the right side of my tongue and throat. It takes months for it to heal and for the pain and burning to subside to a tolerable level. Even room air touching the affected area is excruitating.

I now believe that I have post-herpetic neuralgia as the pain is now not only severe but chronic.

I can no longer tolerate even routine dental exams/cleanings as the pain of the procedure is unbearable not to mention the shingle outbreaks post care.

My question is --  how can I, or can I request on a medical/preventative standpoint to have my teeth extracted. Would I need to pursue this through my dentist or primary care physcian?

Extraction of teeth is not going to solve your problem.Post herpetic neuralgia can be managed by topical application of capsaicin, tricyclic antidepressants, such asdesipramin, amitryptylin, or gabapentin. Please review the textbook titled: Burket's oral medicine, page282,11th edition, bc decker.You'll find detailed information to effectively manage phn.
If going to the dentist hurts, just imagine how bad dentures might be!  I would be talking to my primary care physician.  Dentists don't normally have to deal with shingles, and some don't know much about medication.