Dental Health Community
Odd taste in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Odd taste in mouth

I had a metallic taste in my mouth - went to the dentist and he said I may have a filling that is leaking (had silver fillings when I was a child and am now 41 yrs old). He said he was going to redo the fillings in the area where I was having the metallic taste - he did, then the insurance claim information I received showed he did a crown. Now the metallic taste is gone (it wasn't constant when I had it) but now I do have a different taste in that area. The procedure was 2 weeks ago. My questions are:
1. Is the taste something to worry about?
2. Is it wrong for him to not have told me he was putting a crown on the tooth when all he said he was doing was replacing the fillings?
Thanks in advance.
I learned recently that some dentists do not give suitable info to patients, on what they will have. The patient has to protect themselves by having enough consulting (more importantly research using internet), before dental operation.
In my case, the dentist intentionally made the meaning root canal vague and less scary saying, just washing the contaminated nerve.  He just wanted to do what he wants quick.
At the end I am the one to protect myself.    Luckily plenty of info on internet, but I have to try to digest them well.
i been  First with  sharp pains to the top of my head to my right ear,    i asked the oral doctor what was causing that, he said it was an exposed root to the other molder and to get tooth paste that had some thing for nerves, it got worse  , i been dizzy bad headaces shooting pain from my head  down my back, i taken plenty of antibiodicts, and i am still dizzy,