Odor Between Teeth
Question:

I had a white filling about 12 months ago put in that replaced a metal filling.  Since then, I have had a tough time finding a floss that would get up there between those 2 teeth and I finally found one!  I flossed it today and I smelled an odor between those teeth when I pulled the floss out.  I brush 3 times a day, floss once a day (before bed except for that part that I couldn't get to), and rinse ACT! mouthwash for 1 minute before bed.  As long as I continue to floss once a day and do what I've been doing, will the odor go away?  

Thanks,
ATLguy
I have this problem from time to time and it is always food that gets trapped between teeth. Food will get in there and begin to rot, especially meat, yuk! I know it tastes gross too. Normally the dentist likes just enough room to floss and they normally will check it with floss right after filling the tooth. He may not have left enough room between the new filled tooth and the one next to it. Probably not a big problem other than the nuisance to have to constantly floss that area a lot. When it gets bad for me I use my Waterpik to clean and add mouthwash to the water.