Dental Health Community
Open Sore On Gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Open Sore On Gums

I have been brushing my teeth at least twice a day. Sometimes there are days when I only do it once but I have been flossing a lot more now and I use listerine. But the other day the roof of my mouth on the right side was sore and i noticed there was an open sore and it was bleeding. I just ignored it and kept brushing my teeth normally but now the other side of my mouth is starting to bleed too!!  So when i drink juice or soda it realy burns because of the open sores. Should i wait a few days and keep taking care of my teeth and then call a dentist? Or is it more serious?
It appears that you are having ulcers on palate. If ulcer persists more than 2 weeks, seeing a dentist is advised.