Dental Health Community
Orajel burnt my skin.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Orajel burnt my skin.

8390355?1349372479
I recently discovered a small canker sore on the connector between my bottom lip and gums. So off to the store i went to pick up some orajel as this has always worked for me. Little did i know that Orajel makes numbing ointment specific to canker sores called Orajel Film-Forming canker sore medicine. I thought i was all set. Home i went to apply. After about two days of use i noticed that my inner lip, and gums were extremely sore, swollen and raw. I took a closer look and found that the skin on my gums and inner lip was coming off. What was once an irritating canker sore was now peeling raw gums and an incredibly sore mouth. Has this happened to anyone else? I used the orajel as directed. Smallest amounts i could, and only 1-2 times a day. Is this normal? I can't seem to find anyone else or any information online pertaining to what happened to me. Should i contact the company?