Dental Health Expert Forum
PAIN AFTER DRY SOCKET

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

PAIN AFTER DRY SOCKET

I had an upper tooth(next to the last) Extracted 2 weeks ago and 3 days later I got A Dry Socket.I went to my Dentist and had it packed several times.The problem is that I still have exposed bone and lots of pain especially when eating cold or sweet items.What is going on and will the pain ever leave?
Is the pain as intense as when the dry socket was first diagnosed?  Are you doing all your proper home care as directed by your dentist such as oral hygiene, no smoking or drinking alcohol, etc?  

Also, you may want to return to your dentist and consider inducing some bleeding into the socket again to form a blood clot to cover the exposed bone.