Dental Health Expert Forum
Pain, Pressure roof of mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Pain, Pressure roof of mouth

HI,

I have recently seen 2 doctors, 1 maxillo specialist and a dentist, and none of them know whats going on with me, maybe you could help me.

Here are my symptoms.

I have pain, pressure, swelling, sometimes burning on the roof of my mouth, ( Hard palate, where the aleovar ridges are located, right under my front teeth). Only there.

The pain is on everyday , i usally starts in the afternoon, or at night, but i always feel like theres a patch there(Pressure).
When you look at it, theres nothing, no redness, lesions, ect....
Seems to be coming from inside my hard palate, my front teeth are half real and half fake, cause i broke them when i was young, the filling only represent half of both tooth, and i had a root canal done on one long time ago. You think its related?

Maybe you know a name of a desease you heard, that relates to my symptoms? i could bring it back to my dentist. The pain is tolerable, but very annoying, it all started 1 mouth ago, and it started with a very big burning sensation, and gone down about 90%, now i feel what i described on top. Pressure, ect....

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I am sorry but I really have nothing to add to what you have heard. If the doctors are stumped I would suggest you consult with an oral pathologist. These specialists can be located in teaching hospitals or dental schools. You might want to call your local dental society if you are having difficulty locating one.
I forgot to say, i also feel a lot of tingling, all the time. Maybe from the swelling?
A related discussion, pressure in the roof of my mouth was started.