Dental Health Community
Pain After Fillings
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain After Fillings

I recently went to the Dentist for a regular check-up and cleaning.  In the X-Rays, they found two "very small" cavities on my teeth.  I guess both were between the teeth so they had to drill through the top of the teeth and then placed composite fillings.  That night and for the next month, any time I would bite down on those teeth, I would have pain.  I went back and they drilled one out and replaced it with sedative filling and told me if that takes the pain away, they would pu t a permanent filling in in a couple months.  Is this normal?  What would cause me to have pain in both teeth after fillings?  I can see one or the other, but both?  Did my dentist mess up when doing the original fillings or something?  The sedative filling seems to be helping so far, but what if they put a permanent filling back in and then we start all over?  I'm new to all this, so any help would be appreciated.