Dental Health Community
Pain after 2 root canals then tooth extraction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain after 2 root canals then tooth extraction

My husband had 1 root canal, still in pain 2nd root canal from root in. Still in pain had the tooth extracted. It was infected.
still having pain 2 wks later. He went to the hospital with anxiety, panic attacks because the pain is unbearable.
the surgeon put him on IV anti biotics pain meds. Still in pain and severly depressed had to go on anti depression drugs. He feels like there is no hope for recovery. Phantom pain possible? Or nerve damage? (extraction was not tramatic)

This discussion is related to prolonged pain after tooth extraction.
Related Discussions
  • Root Canal (2 replies):
    I had a root canal almost 2 weeks ago and for about a we...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If no structural pathology identified, possible pain source may come from myofascial referred pain or cns sensitization.Pain associated with cns malfunction may be managed by antidepressant ,e.g amitryptyline, or neurontin, or lyrica.
Blank
472139_tn?1211336163
Wow any extraction i find psychologically traumatic last one i had i actualy ran out lol..halarious story but wasnt at the time almost fainted too took him 10x to pull the damn thing... today i went after 2yrs and all night i was restless went in with huge panic too.. took 10min to do a filling was great but i dont blame him for having panic/anxiety Hows the pain now??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank