Pain after elective root canal
I have a tooth - my upper right lateral incisor - that has had multiple problems over the years.  When it came in as a child, it had a small nick out of it near the gum line that later became a cavity and I had filled.  Over the years (I'm 38), I had it filled a few times as the filling would wear out.  The last time, there wasn't enough to have it filled, so my dentist put a crown on it - twice (the first one wasn't high enough into the gum so the lines were visible and wearing).  The crown looks great, no problems.  Except that after the second crown, I developed extreme sensitivity in the tooth to cold.  I live in New England - last winter was torturous.  

I switched dentists, he xrayed the tooth, and suggested an elective root canal if I was in that much pain (I was, during fall & winter).  Just had it done Tues, no infection, all went well.  But now the tooth is extremely sensitive to pressure - all of a sudden.  It had been sore the past few days, but this morning I could barely brush it.  

Is that normal after a root canal?  What could be wrong with it?  I'm so tired of all of the issues with this one tooth!

if it is only sensitive to pressure it sounds like it just needs the bite adjusted. this is very easy and should be free.
I can't even brush the tooth.  I called the endo today and he thinks it's infected, particularly since the pain is worse since the RC was done.  

The tooth doesn't hit at all when I bite - but I can't even touch it with my tongue without agony.
Teeth can take a while to recovery after a root canal and they can sometimes be quite sensitive.  Root canals are quite extensive procedures so it's not surprising that you are feeling some discomfort