Dental Health Expert Forum
Pain after fillings
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain after fillings

About 1 month ago I had 5 cavities filled.  None were giving me problem, just got them done to prevent any future root canals.  Ever since them I've had a dull radiating pain in both my upper and lower jaw where the cavities were filled.  I've gone back numberous times and they put a desensitzing gel on 3 times and it hasn't helped.  They have taken additional x-rays on two different occasions and everything looks fine.  Nothing in particular seems to bring about the pain either.  Just out of nowhere it'll start producing pain.  I'm gonna go back again on monday or tuesday and see what my options are at this time.  Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?  3 teeth up top and two on the bottom were done.  I just don't know what to do...  They were all white composite fillings as well which i've never had any problems with before.  Any input is greatly appreciated.