Pain after root canal and crown
So, I had a crown done three weeks ago.  I started having really bad pain/headaches as well.  I had pain for a week straight.  When I was supposed to get the "real" crown on I told them and found out I ended up needing a root canal because after the crown the nerve just didn't like it or something.  I had the root canal done on Monday and it's now Saturday.  Should I be having pain around the back side of the tooth on my gums?  I can kind of see that by the tooth is black or dry blood possibly?  My gums are REALLY tender.  I've been using proxyol (spelling?) mouth rinse and that seems to help temp. and also been using origel.  What should I do and is the gums hurting normal and how long will they hurt for?
if you have in infection the oragel might make it worse...could be dry blood but with the rinse it should have washed away.... the pain might be the injection site of the lidocane that they used to make you numb.... you shouldnt feel any pain in that tooth of you have a root canal done to it... they took out the nrve so should be no filling....

do you know if they did a crown lenghting?... if they did then you might be sore because they removed some of the gum surrounding that tooth so they could properly fit the "real" crown....