Dental Health Community
Pain after root canal and crown
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain after root canal and crown

So, I had a crown done three weeks ago.  I started having really bad pain/headaches as well.  I had pain for a week straight.  When I was supposed to get the "real" crown on I told them and found out I ended up needing a root canal because after the crown the nerve just didn't like it or something.  I had the root canal done on Monday and it's now Saturday.  Should I be having pain around the back side of the tooth on my gums?  I can kind of see that by the tooth is black or dry blood possibly?  My gums are REALLY tender.  I've been using proxyol (spelling?) mouth rinse and that seems to help temp. and also been using origel.  What should I do and is the gums hurting normal and how long will they hurt for?