Dental Health Community
Pain and Swelling in palate of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Pain and Swelling in palate of mouth

This past monday I noticed a lump develop on the hard palate of my mouth just behind the dental ridge.  I thought nothing of it until 2 days later the glands in my throat were swollen, I just didn't feel well and the lump began to radiate severe pain throughout my upper mouth, teeth and nose.  I was called in some antibiotics by a doctor after giving symptoms over the phone.  I attributed to being dental issue since i had been diagnosed with gum disease while I was pregnant last year.  I started the antibiotics and the next day decided to go to the dentist since the pain by now was unbearable.  He looked at my mouth and said my teeth and gums were not the problem and that I had tonsilitis and to see a doctor.  I haven't gone yet, but am in excruciating pain from the lump in my hard palate.  Pressing on it makes the pain 10 times worse so you can bet I won't do that again....not sure what is going on, has anyone else ever experienced this?

This discussion is related to Swollen left side of hard palate - around the arch of mouth.
Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.