Dental Health Community
Pain at Injection Site

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Pain at Injection Site

I had two crowns put in with a bridge (1 tooth in the middle) in my back right upper teeth.  I had it done 5 days ago and have had a little pain, mostly pressure.  Today the pain is much worse in what I think is the injection site.  The area way in the back of my mouth where my cheek attaches to my gums.   It is so sore and it throbs.  Is this normal? It seems odd it would hurt worse today than before.  One other thing is that it feels like there is a lot of pressure where the fake tooth (bridge) is between my teeth - like it is too large or something.  The reason I lost that tooth is because it cracked.  I had the crowns done because I had large filling there and they had to put crowns there to support the bridge.  Please let me know what you think.
Going back to your restorative dentist to have more occlusal adjustment is advised.