Dental Health Expert Forum
Pain for 4 weeks after filling done

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Pain for 4 weeks after filling done

I have white fillings done on 2 teeth (#24 and 25) 4 weeks ago, it didn't feel right as it would hurt when i eat and my bite fills off. So i went back twice within 2 weeks to try to get it fixed. The dentist froze me again and sew between my teeth and used a device to open my teeth which was extremely painful.
However, the pain has been getting worse, now my entire upper gum feels a throbbing pain, and the 2 teeth hurt all the time (not just when i eat). I can't sleep on my side because as soon as i put pressure on my teeth it will hurt.
I am sensitive to both hot and cold food, and even soft food hurt the 2 teeth.
I had gone to another dentist, he asked me to just wait it out as it may just be sensitivty towards white filling (although I had white filling done on my other side and I wasn't sensitive at all).
Should I keep waiting or should I go see another dentist ASAP in case my nerve is beeing suppressed by the filling and if i don't remove it it might kill my nerve?
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Probably a good idea to get it checked out.  They may want to remove the fillings, put you in temporaries and see how your teeth respond.  Its possible you may need a root canal on those teeth as well if there's nerve damage or infection.