Dental Health Community
Pain in a adjacent tooth that had a root canal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Just had a root canal done on the very back bottom left tooth. Actually I have two teeth that have a temporary crown on them and the temporary crown covers both teeth. I did the root canal on the very back tooth because whenever the specialist did his test,it was that tooth that was giving me problems. Now, I know its only been 8 hours since I had it done, but I was biting on food that a little bit hard and I still have pain(or pressure) in the two teeth that have the temporary crown on. I was just wondering when he did the root canal, and with all of the shots, could that have made the adjacent tooth more sensitive? Or would the tooth that had the root canal still have some pain, or pressure whenever I bite down?
Going back to your dentist to have more occlusal adjustment of temporary crown is advisd.
The root canal specialist told me to put the permanent crowns on but with temporary cement, so in case the pain would not go away, I could get a root canal without destroying the crown. Would the permanent crowns fit better than the temps?
If temporary crown does'nt work well, successful outcome of final restoration is questioable.