Pain in ears after root canals
Hi, I am 51 yrs. old and have had 12 root canals in my lifetime.  I need two more now.  I had all these done in an attempt to save my teeth over the years, as I have a high decay rate and a lot of large fillings.  Most of my teeth have crowns, which look good, but sometimes the root canal goes bad and I have to have it retreated.  I also had to have something called an apico on one,  which was horrible.

These retreated teeth are extremely painful, almost unbearable pain.  The pain shoots up to my ear on whatever side the tooth is on.  One tooth recently fractured (right through the crown) and I now need an extraction.  I am afraid of this and I already have the ear pain, I don't want it to get worse.  Will the extraction resolve the ear pain in this tooth?  If so, I might stop getting root canals because I cannot stand this pain any longer.  I tell the endodontist and she just gives me pain meds and antibiotics.  She looks at the x-rays and continues to tell me the teeth look fine.