Pain months after filling
I went for a routine check-up in February and my dentist advised that I needed an old filling replacing. She advised it would be a small filling and did it straight away. I experienced sensitivity and discomfort afterwards, however she had advised that it would be sensitive for a while so I didn't worry.

However 8 months later I still get sporadic pain, usually when I am chewing meat. Food often gets caught next to the offending tooth. On only 2 or 3 occasions has the discomfort been particularly painfull, and often worsens when I apply pressure to the tooth. I mentioned the pain to my dentist last week at another check-up and she re-packed the filling and took x-rays. The x-ray showed everything to be fine. Why am I getting occasional severe pain?

Do I need root canal treatment? It is not sensitive to hot or cold and I never wake in the night.

I have severe anxiety about dental treatment and I am now very worried I may need root canal treatment, which I have never had before.