Dental Health Community
Painful Dentures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful Dentures

I received an intermediate upper denture in June 2006.  It is now April 2007.  I still cannot eat, and the dentures do not fit, and are very painful after several adjustments.  The dentist told me I would need a new denture after I healed in a few months, and to be truthful he told me this up front, and I also was told my insurance would not pay for a second denture. After the first 2 or 3 free adjustments he said he couldn't do much more without implants and the permanent denture (more money, in other words).

I have now lost 80 pounds, am in constant pain, am very depressed and feel stuck. I paid over $3500.00 after insurance for dentures that do not fit, that I cannot eat with, and that hurt constantly. I am too broke to afford more, and I don't know where to turn.

What are my options?  Does the dentist have any obligation to work with me to provide some relief?  Has he lived up to his contract? Is there any agency or alternative help available?  At a loss rate of 7-8 lbs/month I don't think I can go on much longer.

Thanks