Dental Health Community
Painful bump between the underside of my tongue and bottom teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hello, last night, out of the blue, I developed a painful(dull ache not sharp pain) bump under the tongue to one side of the dividing tissue which connects the tongue.  It feels massive but is only the size of a pea.  It is red and tender to the touch and for lack of a better explanation it feels like I am salivating more than normal.  I do have Hashimoto's disease and was wondering if this could be at all related to thryroid issues.  I am just concerned that it will get larger and be harder to swallow.  Also, if you look at me you can tell externally that it is a little swollen, almost like when you have strep throat.  Anyway, is this something I should worry about, or call my doctor as soon as I can after the Holiday?
Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.