Dental Health Expert Forum
Painful bump on top of mouth.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Painful bump on top of mouth.

For several days I have had this bump on the top of mouth behind my two front teeth.  It hurts when touched, and it makes eating rather difficult.  When I go to brush my teeth, it begins bleeding.  What could this be?  What should I do about it?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This could be inflammation of the incisive foramen. This is  an area where a nerve exists.It sometimes gets traumatized by the type of food you might have eaten.Also it might get inflammed due to your bite. At this point warm salt water rinses should be done as often as you can. Obviously if this does not get better give your dentist a call.
What might I expect my dentist to do?
I just got this bump today. It is directly behind my two front teeth. It's the colour of my gums and is an olav shape. It is about the circumference of the top of my finger. It hurts and im wondering if its from my appliance i wear everynight. I washed my mouth with warm water and salt and it slightly feels better. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A related discussion, behind teeth was started.
A related discussion, pain ful bump at top of mouth was started.