Dental Health Expert Forum
Painful gum with white blister

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Painful gum with white blister

I have a really bony mouth (gums and pallat). It's been almost a week that I've had a white "blister" that almost looks like a fishing hook and not circular on the upper left side (2 teeth over from the front 2 teeth). I had some bone loss and had a tooth pulled that was next to that tooth and when I went to the dentist 3-4 months ago for my cleaning, the hygenist said there was no more bone loss and everything was going good. I never realized I had the white blister until after dinner and my gum started hurting. We had some bbq chicken & potato salad that night so I don't think I scraped it. I first mentioned the bony mouth because the blister is at the start of the bony part. Is this a canker sore or something else? I don't have insurance right now and the pain is tolerable. Thanks
Has it healed on its own already?  The area usually where a bony prominence is tends to be thinner and more delicate and thus more prone to injury, which is what it sounds like to me.