Painful spot on the roof of mouth?
My son has a sore spot on the roof of his mouth just behind his two front teeth. It doesnt look red or infected, but he says it is sore. He also says his gums bleed when he brushes his teeth. I dont know if that has anything to do with the sore spot. What would cause the soreness behind his two front teeth and bleeding gums?
How long has the sore spot been there?  It could be that he has simply burned the area eating something hot.  The gums bleed when he brushes his teeth possibly because of poor oral hygiene or poor brushing technique.  Is he using a soft toothbrush?  Anything more than a soft is overkill.  Is he flossing daily?  If not, that could also make the gums irritated and inflamed.
i have tissue right behind my two front teeth that at times becomes sore and irritated from my lower teeth hitting it.  massaging it with my toothbrush helps and using my grinding appliance at night keeps my teeth from shifting, that stops it too. there are so many factors as to why, and seeing  a dentist would give you better info than the internet.
The sore spot has been there a week or so. He has very nice healthy teeth with no cavities or plaque. He brushes well but it is not a soft brush, which may be part of the problem. He does not floss unless something is stuck in his teeth.
The place where it is sore is like a oblong piece of tissue behind the upper front teeth. Thanks for the info
if the tissue is excessive and he suffers from this talk to his dds.  sometimes they "trim" the tissue .  always use a soft brush only, using anything more can cause abrasion and wear the enamal and cause gum recession.
Not flossing will definately cause the bleeding when he flosses.  The tooth brush should be soft also.  If the spot doesn't go away by the end of this week I would say go see the dentist about it.