Dental Health Community
Palladium allergies/toxicity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Palladium allergies/toxicity

Has anyone ever heard of palladium toxicity?  Most crowns are made mostly from this metal, and just in the past 8 weeks or so after having prep work for a bridge, I have had increased saliva.  I assumed it was from the bridge because prior to my dentist doing any work I was fine.  Plus I thought maybe the acupuncture I had after the permanent bridge was put in caused nerve damage or overstimulation.  I really don't think the acupuncuture had anything to do with anything, just a coincidence I guess.  I had the bridge removed and I currently have two temps in.  The saliva isn't as bad as it was, but it isn't quite back to normal yet.  I went to an ENT for the increased saliva problem and sinus problems.  I've had a bad three weeks, so I guess I'm grasping at straws at this point.  I'm going to see an oral surgeon in a couple of weeks to have him check the glands and the saliva flow.  Anyway, I came across a website where the German Health Ministry has been warning dentists since 1993 with the dangers of using palladium in crowns.  One of the early symptoms of palladium toxicity is increased salivation.  Makes me wonder because I have 7 dental crowns in my mouth - two of which where put on in November and December, respectively.  Any thoughts?  Maybe I should get one of those heavy metal tests done.  Could that be ordered by a GP?
yes i have herd of palladium toxicity . yes i read some where when you are having a reaction to the stuff they you put in your mouth there is more saliva.my regular dentist told me  i would have increased salivia if i had a problem with my plate.people have reactions to alot of things dentist use. i have a stack of paper work about that.i also have had problems.including sinus.i havnt decided what im going to do yet im taking my time.i ordered me a bridge.you need to ask what is in the tempeary teeth you have now.it might take several weeks for your body to get rid of the alergy (allergy).you could even be sensitive to the glue they use.i wouldnt waist you money on the oral sergeon.no a gp doesnt test for teeth alergies (allergies). you need to hold off and get allergie tested.ill send you an invite and see if i can find those phone numbers for you.sue
also they have certain dentist to deal with this
My ENT ordered allergy testing, so that will be on Monday and Tuesday.  However, I don't think they test for metals.  I think I want to get tested for palladium toxicity just to be my mind at ease.  I went to my dentist yesterday to have the cut-up bridge crowns put back in my mouth, and they still diidn't fit.  The bridge orginially was not long enough, so when he took it out on March 4, they took impressions, etc. and they came back Thursday.  I went yesterday to have them put in, and guess what?  They still didn't fi.  I just lost it and started bawling.  I am so over this.  But I do have to say that once I calmed back down, my saliva flow was normal for the rest of the afternoon.  Weird.  It isn't so bad this morning, so maybe things are looking up and whatever was going on is now done.  I hope so.  
Hello Imvron,

I am having a problem very similar to yours. Did you find a solution to your problem?. Please advise!!!