Dental Health Community
Peeling of skin inside mouth, canker sores
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Peeling of skin inside mouth, canker sores

2 days ago I felt so tired one day, I could not even move, and it was a 24 viral thing I'm guessing... I feel fine now, but yesterday I really brushed my teeth thoroughly, I flossed like 2 times, brushed acouple of times, and used Listerine 2 times in the morning. Then I noticed later my mouth was irritated and very dry. The skin is peeling off, and I don't have alot of saliva. I also have about 3 canker sores, which I get canker sores alot. I dont know if this is just a viral thing, or I irritated my mouth... The toothpaste I started using that day was Colgate-tarter protection- i dont know if this is irritating it or what... I dont know if I should contact a dentist or wait...
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I also have a sore thoat
Blank
Try not to use listerine. if all problems resolve after cessation of listerine, you may not need to see a dentist. If problems persist, seeing an oral pathologist or oral surgeon is advised.
Blank
I don't know why your mouth would be very dry but the skin peeling in your mouth is a type of peeling that occurs from a mild chemical irritation and will go away after a few days of stopping the cause. It is like an unintended chemical peel. But dont worry skin peeling is nothing to worry about, many people get this.

Examples of causes are: water softeners, chlorine, mouthwashes, toothpastes with special detergents (such as tartar control or complete formulas), overuse of lozenges, mints, and chewable vitamins. You can also get this from taking powdered aspirin formulas and phenol containing agents.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...