Dental Health Community
Periodontitis and bridge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Periodontitis and bridge

I had a bridge fitted a couple years ago. Never had any problems with it until recently when I noticed my gums bleeding on the inside of the bridge. After careful inspection with the mirror, I realised I might have periodontitis in that area. I have done some research of the Internet and some of the symptoms are there... swelling, bleeding, larger spaces in between gums, gums that are beginning to detach from the prosthesis. I have an appointment with my dentist next week for proper diagnosis and treatment. I am concerned about this situation and have tried to find some information on the periodontitis around teeth with a bridge fitted, however I have not being able to find anything useful. Have you got any suggestion? Any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks YayaY