Please help
I have had a long history of dental problems, all of them costly. I developed a tooth abscess, my mom didn't do anything about it and it ended up staying in my mouth for about 5 or 6 years. By the time the tooth was finally extracted in October 2011, the toxicity of the abscess deteriorated away at my jaw bone. The tooth in question was a molar, second from the very back of the bottom of my mouth. The tooth above it started to over-erupt, but has been stopped by the very back molar. So now two top molars are resting on one molar. I went to my dentist because that bottom molar has been achy, and there was nothing wrong with it, but that the tooth in question might crack because of pressure put on it. Is that true?! I have to get braces, a bone graft, and a dental implant/ crown. However, I can't afford all of that right now and am wondering if it's okay for me to wait to get this work done for another year or so? I deal with crippling anxiety issues and I'm hoping that someone can help me be informed and ease my anxiety. (I'm sorry about how long-winded this is)

Thank you!
You may want to explain your financial situation to your dentist and ask if they have a payment plan. Some dentists do.
Sorry, I accidentally made your comment the "best answer", but it didn't answer my question. I have discussed payment plans with my orthodontist but my question is if it's "okay for me to wait to get this work done for another year or so?"
It's so hard to say if would be alright to wait. It would be a shame if your tooth broke before you had the work done. Then again, it could be fine for many years. I think everyday things like eating might be alright. If you grind you teeth at night ,like some of us, it could possibly cause it to crack. Maybe you should ask your dentist about wearing a mouth guard at night. They can be bought at your drug store.
I wonder how I can tell if I grind my teeth. I know that when I was a lot younger my dentist said I did, but I don't think I do now? I don't wake up with a sore jaw or anything. I think I might get braces this fall, do you think that the teeth being lifted up by the braces will alleviate pressure?
It can be hard to tell if you're grinding your teeth at night. I had no idea I did until my husband told me.
You might want to go ahead and give the guard a try to see if it helps.
The braces may very well help. It can take awhile to see any effects though as far as the pressure.
I'm just hoping that with the braces in, the tooth will be less likely to crack. What do you think? I live in Canada so I don't know if there are NightGuards for sale in stores. Do they work as well as custom made ones?