Dental Health Community
Possible nerve damage?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Possible nerve damage?

On November 27, 2007 I underwent dental implant procedure.  I was told that the procedure should take between 45min and an hour and a half. When i woke up from the procedure my ride informed me that i had been under for a little over 5 hrs.  The doctor explained that the procedure had taken a little longer than expected due to my not having sufficient bone for the implant and her having to do a bone graft. But she informed me that she had been successful in placing the implant.  I knew that the recovery would be somewhat painful but weeks after I was still experiencing and continue to experience swelling behind and below my ears and along the lower jaw bone left and right sides.  I have severe headaches,and throbbing on both temples, not to mention pain in the back of my head. Stabbing pain behind my right eye which is at times accompanied by swelling. A few weeks after the procedure I went to my regular dentist to try and get some advise on what i should do about the pain and after taking X-rays he informed that that an implant had not been placed. Is there anyone out there who can recommend a specialist who could help me with the pain?

This discussion is related to Tooth Extraction / bone graft side effects.
I don't understand something.   Your dentist took xrays and told you there was no implant in there at all??   Are you saying that the doctor who did the surgery lied to you and told you it was successful and then weeks later you found out there was no implant?