Dental Health Expert Forum
Post Root Canal and swollen lymph nodes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post Root Canal and swollen lymph nodes

I had a root canal done 2 weeks ago. I was put on one antibiotic and then another. The pain went away with the second antibiotic. The tooth does not have pain, but feels different.

I noticed that my lymph nodes on my neck are swollen, the same side that had the root canal. Does this mean I could still have an infection in the tooth or could the lymph nodes being swollen related to something else? How can the dentist find out if I still have an infection in my tooth without opening the tooth? I just got my permentant filling done yesterday, since I have not been in pain.