Dental Health Expert Forum
Post Root Conal Discomfort

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Post Root Conal Discomfort

Is is normal to have discomfort on a tooth after a root canal procedure has been done? The procedure was done about a week ago and I'm no longer having pain in that area, but I am experiencing discomfort bordering on pain anytime pressure is applied to that tooth. I'm trying to be careful to not eat on that side of my mouth, but occasionally something might make its way over and it is really uncomfortable. I'm planning on having a crown put on in about a week or two, will that take care of the discomfort that I'm experiencing? Ultimately, I guess I'm just curious as to why my tooth is still hurting when I no longer have any nerves in it?
1 Comment
Post root canal sensitivity is common, which may last a couple of days to weeks. As long as canals are optimally obturated, prognosis is generally good.