Dental Health Expert Forum
Pressure feeling in tooth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pressure feeling in tooth

My upper central incisor had a root canal started on it a couple of months ago, and is not completed yet. (My endodontist wants the tooth to completely settle before finishing the process).   Five weeks ago I started to have a pressure feeling in that tooth so the endodontist removed the temporary filling and remedicated the inside of the tooth.  The pressure feeling went away immediately but now it is coming back again.  I've contacted him and he wants me to see him early next week so he can do the same thing again to relieve the pressure.  I could probably find out from him when I see him next but I was wanting to know now what causes this pressure build-up in the tooth?  It has been confirmed by the endodontist and two oral surgeons with indepth x-rays and tests that there is no infection present anywhere near the tooth, so why a pressure feeling every so often?  It's not excruciating pain but fairly annoying.  Thanks.