Prolonged Facial Numbness After Dental Work
About 8 - 10 months ago I went in to have some dental work done.  I had maybe 5 or 6 shots maybe more, I really don't remember.  I've used my dentist many years and I have complete trust in him.  24 hours later my face had not totally woke up.  48 hours later still tingly and I called to ask, he said once before in the past he has had a patient experience this and it actually took the other patient about a month to recover.  Today, I'm still experiencing a slight numbness & tingling in the area my eye, cheek, nose and jaw.  What are the chances my face will ever get back to normal at this point?  Are there any treatments?  I've been back to the dentist once since then, and will continue to go to him, just wondering about other thoughts out there...
he probably hit a nerve and damaged it.  This does happen sometime in dental work. Mostly with the removal of wisdom teeth that are impacted, but it can happen anytime someone is doing dental work on you.
There possibly is a damaged nerve.  It could get better though.  And don't lose faith in your dentist.  It is hard to determine exactly how nerves run in each individual person.  It wasn't lack of knowledge or being a good dentist.
Just wondering if this ever went away?  
I've had the exact same symptoms for over a year now .....
Several days ago I had a tooth capped without root canal. My dentist was working on three people at once. He was hurried and gave me many shots of some type of novocaine, they hurt.  After I left his office my face blew up so much so I went back to his office for him to see it. They never say anything is wrong. I still have numbness on the right side of my face. My right nostril is still hard to breath through. Could he have done permanent damage to my face/ nerves. I must admit I'm scared.
Did your numbness ever go away?  I had dental work about 6 weeks ago and my lower lip, chin and jaw is still numb.  
curious about this. currently experiencing the same thing for about 6 weeks.
I had surgery on my jaw 12 hours ago they also removed my top two wisdom teeth, my chin and lips are still quite numb. I pretty nervous, should the numbness have already subsided like the rest of my face of is it just taking a little longer.
Damaged nerves is not the only reason, numbness can be bad reaction to anesthesia medicine. I always had numbness after dental work for few days or weeks. After c- section i had numb leg for 2 months. Then My doctor found out it s allergic reaction to anesthesia. Be careful, this can be life threatening.