Dental Health Expert Forum
Question about chipped filling?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Question about chipped filling?

I got 2 white fillings done at the dentist this morning- one in my wisdom tooth and the other my incisor. After lunch I went to floss my teeth. It was quite hard to get the floss between the space near my incisor filling because the space was so tight. When I pulled the floss out it had a small shard of white on it (not sure if it was part of my tooth or the filing) Will I have to go back to the dentist to get this fixed?
I would recommend going back to get it checked out.  It could possibly be some excess material that fell out when you flossed but it could also be the filling which, of course, will lead to more problems later on.