Dental Health Community
ROOT CANAL GONE BAD!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

ROOT CANAL GONE BAD!!

LAST OCTOBER  HAD 2 ROOTCANAL WITH CROWNS HAD EXTREME PAIN WENT BACK TO SEE DENTIST MULTIPLE X'S NO RELIEF WENT TO SEE ENDODONTIST TOLD ME HE PERFORATED THE CANAL(DID A BOTCHED JOB) AND WENT TOO DEEP TOOTH COULD NOT BE SAVED HAD IT PULLED..TOP TOOTH STILL SENSITIVE TO COLD AND PRESSURE THE ORGINAL DENTIST WILL NOT SEE ME OR SPEAK TO ME IN THE HANDS OF HIS INSURANCE CO. MEANWHILE I'M OUT OVER $6,000 AND HAVE TO HAVE 1 IMPLANT MAYBE TWO. HOW CAN THESE DR'S TREAT US SO BADLY HE MAKES IT SEEM THAT IT WAS MY FAULT. WHAT IS MY RECOURS LAWERS WILL COST ME A BUNDLE SMALL CLAIMS?? I ASKED FOR ALL MY RECORDS THEY ARE GETTING BACK TO ME ABOUT IF THEY CAN SEND THEM TO ME ???

This discussion is related to Root canal gone bad?.
get an attorney
I understand exactly what you mean. I had dental through the state when I was little. My mother had brought me to the dentist, some Indian woman, she told my mother every tooth in my mouth need root canals and recommended I get braces. I had cavities. She refused to fill them. So we went ahead with braces. Had many problems there. Got the braces off after 1/2 a year and went back to her. My cavities were out of control by then. She told me I should I have never gotten braces in the first place, even though she was the one who had recommended them in the first place. Recommended me to another docotor, who also told me I need root canals on every tooth. Stopped going to the dentist because I was frustrated with everyone ignoring the cavities. Later on, I graduated high school, moved out on my own. Got state dental again, started going to this new guy. He fills a bunch of cavities, but I loose my insurance and stop going. Later on the line, I'm having problems with one of the teeth he filled. I go to another dentist, one that doesn't even accept state insurance and they tell me he pretty much bloched all of the cavities. I had to get a root canal on one of them, but he said it was caught soon enough and I now I have 3 or 4 cavities in pretty much every one of my teeth. And now I'm paying for it out of my own pocket. It's sad when dentists see that the state's paying and start recommending the most expensive procedures just so they get big fat pay checks. Anyway, I'm sorry for your pain and I hope it gets better for you.
most root canal dentists make you sign a waiver before the procedure so you can not sue them if something goes wrong. its usually stuffed among all the other paperwork they give you. considering its very hard to see when they are working in a tiny enclosed space and their own tools are helping to obscure the view its surprising the success rate is in the 90th percentile. i have a root canaled tooth that has not been pulled yet but is considered fatal since it was impossible to remove all the nerve branches because of severe convolutions.  your problems are not your fault but if you did sign the waiver i wouldnt expect an insurance payout. even without the waiver you might have a claim for the perforated tooth but the second tooth sounds like a root fracture (pressure pain) and will be hard to pin down as the dentists fault since they usually dont show on xrays.  my boss consulted a lawyer over a dental issue that became so sever she required bone grafts and the lawyer refused to take her case unless she was able to provide another dentist to testify on her behalf needless to say there was no court case. i wish you the best of luck!

to the second poster. i dont get it? your mother should have dealt with the very first dentist on the cavity issue or reported that dentist to the state.