Dental Health Expert Forum
Rapid teeth deterioration and pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Rapid teeth deterioration and pain

So... I have no actual job at the moment, no insurance, no cash, bad credit...
My teeth have been deteriorating since I was about nine, since I ran into a telephone pole on a bike and chipped two of my front teeth. Every since then they've been dying off... like a virus spreading to the others. Right now, I dislike smiling because it's just unattractive... I have to watch what I eat constantly, and at times even soft things break parts of my teeth off. I'm in constant pain, and now my sinus's have started acting up after I took a soft bite on some jerky and had the left side of my mouth essentially explode... a number of teeth breaking at once. Later that day I was coughing up blood and my heart felt like someone was squeezing it until it got to a certain point and then just started pulsing there at that pressure. Hurt rather badly, and I don't say anything hurt lightly. :/ Anyways... isn't there some sort of medical help or something that is provided for people that can't pay and are in definite need..? Or am I supposed to just stay in pain, losing parts of teeth here and there until I get an infection (if I don't have it already), and die off? Or should I just put a bullet in my head right now to escape the pain and depression?
You should contact your local dental society to find a free clinic that provides dental services.  You could also go to a local dental school as their fees are lower but I don't believe they provide free dental care.  If its severe enough, you may need to go to the ER and get antibiotics and pain medications.
I appreciate the thought, I suppose, though I've already heard that a number of times over. I didn't just hop on here to whine and cry without doing a bit of research myself, you know... I've also heard that the ER enjoys charging you a fairly hefty sum.  Checked the local dental schools.... and still need to see a specialist. :/