Dental Health Community
Recurring Canker Sore
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurring Canker Sore

For the past 6 months or so, I've had what I think is a recurring canker sore on the inside of my cheek. It usually appears and bursts within a day, then disappears for maybe a week before returning in the exact same spot. It doesn't hurt, and I have no other sores in my mouth, just this one that keeps coming back! Is this something I should be concerned about?
Hello there,
Canker sores are usually  triggered by stress, deficiencies of vitamins and minerals like iron folic acid and vitamin B12,hormonal changes, food allergies etc.You need evaluation for recurring canker sores. A dental evaluation for oral hygiene, gum health, irregular dental surfaces .Rule out immune deficiencies and  immune diseases like HIV, Behchets   disease, inflammatory disorders like Crohn’s disease  or ulcerative colitis. Herpes simplex, gingivostomatitis, oral thrush or even oral cancer are associated with the development of mouth ulcers which may resemble canker sores. Consult a physician and get evaluated for above mentioned conditions. Meanwhile avoid eating spicy foods. Take care of oral hygiene.
Best of luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank