Dental Health Community
Recurring clear "pimple" on gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Recurring clear "pimple" on gums

I'm concerned about what appears to be a pimple on a specific area of my gums.  

Location:  upper right just past my canine (a little towards my molars)

This began almost immediately after my last dental visit during which my dentist performed a root canal and needed to inject me with novacaine VARIOUS times in that particular area.  The site of the "pimple" in question, is just above the tooth in which the root canal was performed.  Ever since then, if I press on that particular location of my gums, there is a "strange" feeling that goes up my face and almost down my tooth.

Every couple of days, this "pimple" reappears.  It's more like a liquid-filled, small sack at the site which, if picked, emits a clear, semi-gelatinous substance and then blood (it doesn't hurt).  Then I floss, brush and rinse for at least 2 minutes with listerine and the "pimple" ALMOST COMPLETELY disappears.  However, it still comes back - same thing in the EXACT SAME SPOT and it hasn't appeared anywhere else in my mouth.

Any clue as to what this might be?  I'm perplexed!  It has been going on for about 4 months now.  I will be going back to my dentist but I've maxed out my benefits for the year and was hoping you could provide some insight & advise on over the counter treatments...
It could be a fistula-which means there is some problem with the root canal.  Same thing happened to me and I am still in the process of trying to save the tooth.
firstly, is the pimple on the outide of my teeth (towards your lip) of inside (towards tongue or palat)

If it is on the outside, it is a Buccal sinus. Infection is easing its way out.

Does the liquid have a taste medicated? throughout RCT (root canal treatment) your tooth is dressed with medicated dressings such as Kalzinol (which tastes of oil of cloves)

A buccal sinus is basically infection. Re visit your dentist, they make prescribe you with antibiotics (although you probably have had a course of Amoxicillan)

Sorry about my spelling lol just looked. it's my keyboard. It's hard to type on and I make many mistkes.. my fault for not checking before I post.
unfortunately it was the root canal gone bad...  the infection was trying to escape from the only exit point possible.  my dentist had to go back in and kill the infection but happily it has not come back since.