Red hot and itchy cheeks after amalgam fillings replaced
I had 8 amalgam filling replaced with white fillings over the period June 2012 to November 2012 by a holistic dentist. Within a few weeks I started to experience pain in a lower molar (3rd from the back). I went to a local dentist and he xrayed the tooth. He said it showed that a nerve was possibly contacting the filling and that the tooth may die. He said it may mean that the tooth would need to be extracted. I let it go to see if it would settle down, which it did over the next few weeks.
In January I started to notice an itchy red rash appear on my cheeks, mostly on the side where the lower molar was. Shortly after that I noticed a slight sensation in an upper molar on the other side. Ever since, I have had to put up with these hot burning cheeks every day. No creams really help. I went to my local doctor. He did a swab and sent it away to pathology. The result was clear. He said it may be an allergy to the recent fillings but wasn't sure. He gave me antibiotics which did nothing.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Hi and welcome. Never heard of anything like this, Also if the tooth dies you dont have to have it removed. They just do a root canal, stick in a post and put a crown. The tooth is embedded into your jaw bone.