Red spot on gum
For about 4 months now I have had a red spot on my gums right below my front tooth.  I do not think it has grown at all, but it worries me that it will not go away.  I used to chew tobacco about a year ago, but only for like 5 months and on occasion.  I brush everyday and take overall good care of my teeth, but this spot will just not go away.  Do you think it is cancer?  I am really worried
It could be anything.   It could be an infection in the tooth that has made its way to the surface via a fistula.   You may have the start of periodontal disease and a simple cleaning will make it all go away.  You may have jammed something into the gumline that has permanently discolored it.  It could be something else.

Point is, it's impossible for anyone to know without actually seeing you.  You have to go to the dentist.  The worry won't go away until you do.  It's as simple as that.
Make your appt and ask the dentist to check the spot and xray the tooth.  

Please.  
It will give you great peace of mind which you won't get until you do.

Gellia