Dental Health Expert Forum
Red spots on soft palate.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red spots on soft palate.

I noticed when I woke up this morning that I had a few red spots on my soft palate. They seem like small cuts, and they burn when I swollow food. The burning is very mild. They are really red,
And they are flat.I do often have a dry mouth, because of my anxiety, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this, or maybe I just have an abrasion from something I ate. What could it be?
540545_tn?1377626518
Its possible they are just abrasions but I'm assuming you do drink lot of water during meals or anytime you eat to help with the dry mouth.  

If it still persists, I would recommend a follow up with your primary care physician.  
3 Comments
Blank
6535633_tn?1388072027
There can be several reasons that can cause your palate to be red and painful. So nothing can be said exactly what it is? It may be abrasions as you said or  may be , allergies, vitamin deficiency, infection Thrush, autoimmune disease. I would therefore recommend you to have your oral exam with your dentist ASAP.
Blank
A related discussion, Dry palate was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank