Dental Health Expert Forum
Redone filling - 1 week later still sore when chewing

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I had a filling done about a month ago, next to a tooth that had to have a cap put on it. For the filling they used a soft material that ended up having a bubble in it, which in turn caused me pain to chew on the tooth for about 3 weeks. They didn't realize the bubble until about 3 weeks after where they tried to relieve pressure by smoothing it down. They re did the filling and it feels fine when i'm not chewing on it, and actually feels pretty fine when i chew on it, but then after it starts to throb very minimually and by the of the day it's a little sore. It's been one week and a day since they re filled it, does it need more time to settle down?? Should I not bite on it for a while and see if that helps??
The bite may still be a tiny bit off and may need to be adjusted slightly.  Should be a quick fix.  I would recommend going back and getting it looked at again.