Dental Health Community
Rock hard painless bump on my gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Rock hard painless bump on my gums

I just noticed, actually felt with my tongue, a rock hard bump on the interior section of my gums.  it is on the bottom half.  it is painless, gum colored, but rock hard.  i actually have 2 one is on the left side (bigger ..about the size of a bb pellet) and the other on the right is 1/2 that size.

they both seem to be equidistant from the row of teeth above and from the center of my mouth..   any thoughts on what this might be? normal?
Probably a benign bony growth that tons of people have called exostoses, or tori.  Can be seen on upper or lower arch, on the tounge side or the cheek side.  No worries, mate.  They may change in size over time, but they are completely harmless.  Have it looked at to be sure at your next appointment.  If you dont see a dentist regularly, treat yourself and go.  Peace of mind will be worth the fee alone.

Blessings,
Thank you for taking your time posting such a helpful reply!

I am not the original question initiator, but have the same symptom, and have been worried for a while.  I will see a dentist in two days, and will ask him about exostoses.

You have spared two days of my worries.

God bless you!